Can i study in us on dependent visa?

Dependent children with J-2 visas can study at an elementary or secondary school (from kindergarten to 12th grade) and at the post-secondary level (college or university). If you are a student whose dependents want to change their status, ask for guidance at the ISS office. International students who want to bring their spouse or child to the U.S. U.S.

citizens can apply for an F-1 visa and then add an F-2 visa application for each member of the family. The F-2 visa is a derivative visa category, meaning that you can apply for it at the same time you apply for your own student visa and the length of stay allowed will be equal to your own. Both the H4 visa and the L2 visa belong to the dependent visa category. Dependents of H-1B and L1 visa holders can apply for an H4 visa and an L2 visa, respectively, to accompany them to the U.S.

UU. The dependent can be any immediate family member, such as spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age. You can work and study in the U.S. Department of State with a dependent visa.

The H1B visa and the L1 visa are nonimmigrant visas for temporary workers in the U.S. The L1 visa is especially for employees transferred within the company who occupy management positions. Make sure the designated school official (DSO) knows that you want to take your dependents with you. When you inform the DSO that your dependents will accompany you to the United States, the DSO will issue an I-20 form for each of your dependents.

If you arrive in the U.S. In the U.S. as a dependent of the H1B or L1 visa holder with an H4 or L2 visa, you'll usually spend the first few months or a year in the United States getting used to the new place and visiting the most popular tourist attractions. While it is possible to bring family members and dependents to the United States on a student visa, there are strict regulations in this regard and the process can take a long time.

With the slow reopening of American consulates around the world, many international students are preparing to come to the United States to begin their studies. Talk to your university about your specific requirements and if your vaccination requirements extend to your dependents. Before you apply for an F-2 or M-2 visa for your spouse or child, you must understand the visa limitations for your dependents. To receive the form, the university requires documents such as a copy of your passport and additional financial statements that show how you financially support your dependents.

When applying for a dependent visa, family members must demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay. Many educational institutions also have a separate form that you must complete to obtain an I-20 form, which is the certificate of eligibility for nonimmigrant status, for your dependents. While international students may be able to find work on campus or accept work, the dependents of international students cannot work according to F-2 visa regulations and will not be provided with a social security number. Spend some time researching the cost of health insurance for you and your dependents, as it can be quite expensive in the U.S.

Once you have these forms, the category of visa your family members should apply for will depend on your relationship with them.

Simon Gooch
Simon Gooch

"Simon Gooch is a seasoned professional with a passion for transforming the landscape of international education. With over two decades of experience in the education industry, he has excelled in roles that encompass student recruitment, market development, and educational consulting. Currently serving as the Global Sales Director for ELS Educational Services, Inc., Simon's commitment to expanding educational access is evident in his work overseeing agent sales worldwide, with a particular focus on ELS centers across the USA. His career journey also includes founding Seed Educational Consulting Ltd, a B2B and B2C agency dedicated to helping students from Africa pursue higher education opportunities in various countries. Simon's strong leadership, exceptional agent relationship management, and proficiency in opening new and emerging markets have played pivotal roles in his successful career.Simon's academic background further strengthens his expertise, holding a First-Class degree in French and Modern European Studies from the University of East Anglia. His specialties lie in customer relationship management with a clear focus on agents, parents/students, and university partners. Simon's remarkable track record in developing emerging markets, particularly in Russia, the Middle East, and Africa, showcases his ability to drive consistent and long-term growth in these regions. With a deep commitment to educational access and international collaboration, Simon Gooch continues to make a significant impact in the field of international education."

Leave Reply

All fileds with * are required